Emporium takes business to next level
- Credit: Uptown Fun Emporium
A village emporium has taken its business to the next level with a first floor expansion which sees two independent traders join the ‘party’,
Uptown Fun Emporium in Upwell's Town Street premises is now home to a boutique and a professional photographer.
The emporium diversified during the pandemic when its core business of supplying party goods was badly hit.
Owners Lee and Oona Robinson invited local crafters to sell their hand made and exclusive products alongside usual stock.
“We had a floor of the building that wasn’t really doing anything so we decided to put it to good use,” said Oona.
Wendy Hinde’s Swallowail Pet Photography and Cinders Boutique, owned by Diane Newsome, are now both trading from the store and all three businesses hope to profit from the partnership.
“The response has been great. We have some really talented crafters,” said Oona.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
“It has to be good news for the village.”