Emporium takes business to next level
- Credit: Uptown Fun Emporium
A village emporium has taken its business to the next level with a first floor expansion which sees two independent traders join the ‘party’,
Uptown Fun Emporium in Upwell's Town Street premises is now home to a boutique and a professional photographer.
The emporium diversified during the pandemic when its core business of supplying party goods was badly hit.
Owners Lee and Oona Robinson invited local crafters to sell their hand made and exclusive products alongside usual stock.
“We had a floor of the building that wasn’t really doing anything so we decided to put it to good use,” said Oona.
Wendy Hinde’s Swallowail Pet Photography and Cinders Boutique, owned by Diane Newsome, are now both trading from the store and all three businesses hope to profit from the partnership.
“The response has been great. We have some really talented crafters,” said Oona.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
“It has to be good news for the village.”