Man who ‘threatened to harm himself’ inside the Goodens Lane home has been arrested, police have confirmed
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Police have arrested a man in Newton this afternoon after he “threatened to harm himself” inside a home on Goodens Lane near Wisbech.
Dozens of police officers, including firearms units and trained negotiators, were dispatched to the Fenland home at around 1.30pm today (March 14).
An eye witness shared a dramatic photograph on social media after he spotted “nine police cars” lined along the street where the incident took place.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police told this newspaper that a man had “threatened to harm himself inside a house in Goodens Lane, Wisbech”.
Shortly after 3.30pm, the police spokesman confirmed that “the man has come out of the property and [has] been arrested”.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers with automatic weapons had cordoned off the area – stopping people from coming close to the scene.
The spokesman said at the time: “Officers are in attendance, including firearms and trained negotiators.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide