Man who ‘threatened to harm himself’ inside the Goodens Lane home has been arrested, police have confirmed
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Police have arrested a man in Newton this afternoon after he “threatened to harm himself” inside a home on Goodens Lane near Wisbech.
Dozens of police officers, including firearms units and trained negotiators, were dispatched to the Fenland home at around 1.30pm today (March 14).
An eye witness shared a dramatic photograph on social media after he spotted “nine police cars” lined along the street where the incident took place.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police told this newspaper that a man had “threatened to harm himself inside a house in Goodens Lane, Wisbech”.
Shortly after 3.30pm, the police spokesman confirmed that “the man has come out of the property and [has] been arrested”.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers with automatic weapons had cordoned off the area – stopping people from coming close to the scene.
The spokesman said at the time: “Officers are in attendance, including firearms and trained negotiators.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online