Man who ‘threatened to harm himself’ inside the Goodens Lane home has been arrested, police have confirmed
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Police have arrested a man in Newton this afternoon after he “threatened to harm himself” inside a home on Goodens Lane near Wisbech.
Dozens of police officers, including firearms units and trained negotiators, were dispatched to the Fenland home at around 1.30pm today (March 14).
An eye witness shared a dramatic photograph on social media after he spotted “nine police cars” lined along the street where the incident took place.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police told this newspaper that a man had “threatened to harm himself inside a house in Goodens Lane, Wisbech”.
Shortly after 3.30pm, the police spokesman confirmed that “the man has come out of the property and [has] been arrested”.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers with automatic weapons had cordoned off the area – stopping people from coming close to the scene.
The spokesman said at the time: “Officers are in attendance, including firearms and trained negotiators.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000