UPDATE: Police continue investigations at Wisbech St Mary property raided in connection with ram raid at a HSBC bank where a JCB was used
THIS was the scene in Garden Lane, Wisbech St Mary this afternoon after police continued their investigations following a dawn raid in connection with a botched bank raid.
Two men aged 50 and 27 were arrested on suspicion of burglary after officers swooped on the house at 7.30am today (Tuesday, September 4) and seized a JCB and a 4x4 vehicle.
Police continued their investigations well into the afternoon as the pair were taken to King’s Lynn for questioning following the ram-raid at the HSBC in Cornhill in the early hours of August 2.
Five balaclava-clad men used a JCB to break into the bank but fled empty handed.
The 27-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis after police discovered 14 cannabis plants inside.
You may also want to watch:
Police will also want to question the men about a second and simultaneous raid in Long Sutton when raiders got away with a cash machine after first stealing a teleporter from Sutton St James.
They rammed their way into Barclay’s Bank to steal the cash box and carried it away on a 4x4 pick-up.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
Lincs and Cambs police formally linked the Long Sutton and Wisbech raids.