UPDATE: Police continue investigations at Wisbech St Mary property raided in connection with ram raid at a HSBC bank where a JCB was used
THIS was the scene in Garden Lane, Wisbech St Mary this afternoon after police continued their investigations following a dawn raid in connection with a botched bank raid.
Two men aged 50 and 27 were arrested on suspicion of burglary after officers swooped on the house at 7.30am today (Tuesday, September 4) and seized a JCB and a 4x4 vehicle.
Police continued their investigations well into the afternoon as the pair were taken to King’s Lynn for questioning following the ram-raid at the HSBC in Cornhill in the early hours of August 2.
Five balaclava-clad men used a JCB to break into the bank but fled empty handed.
The 27-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis after police discovered 14 cannabis plants inside.
You may also want to watch:
Police will also want to question the men about a second and simultaneous raid in Long Sutton when raiders got away with a cash machine after first stealing a teleporter from Sutton St James.
They rammed their way into Barclay’s Bank to steal the cash box and carried it away on a 4x4 pick-up.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
Lincs and Cambs police formally linked the Long Sutton and Wisbech raids.