Up to 4,000 attend Wisbech Rock Festival with many praising organisers and looking forward to a repeat performance in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Organisers estimated up to 4,000 people visited the Wisbech Rock Festival yesterday with crowds enjoying a brilliant summer day.
Wisbech town councillor Steve Tierney said: “The event was pulled off without a hitch. The music was great. Everybody seemed to leave in great spirits.”
He said: “Every year we pull out the stops and make Wisbech Rock Festival bigger and better. This year we did it again. Gawd knows how we’ll top this one next year.”
He paid tribute to fellow councillors Samantha Hoy and David Oliver and all those who worked hard to make it a success.
On social media dozens praised the event and also praised the town council for supporting it.
“A great day,” said one. “I appreciated all the effort that has gone into organising and funding the day. In tough financial times you have still manage to keep this going. “Well done to all involved from myself and my friends and extended family.”
Another described it as “an awesome day” and paid thanks to the organisers for making it possible.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 7 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
And a third said: “What a fantastic day for us all who attended. Roll on next year for when the Wisbech people all get together again.”
One other enthusiast described the occasion in a single word “epic”