Up to 4,000 attend Wisbech Rock Festival with many praising organisers and looking forward to a repeat performance in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Organisers estimated up to 4,000 people visited the Wisbech Rock Festival yesterday with crowds enjoying a brilliant summer day.
Wisbech town councillor Steve Tierney said: “The event was pulled off without a hitch. The music was great. Everybody seemed to leave in great spirits.”
He said: “Every year we pull out the stops and make Wisbech Rock Festival bigger and better. This year we did it again. Gawd knows how we’ll top this one next year.”
He paid tribute to fellow councillors Samantha Hoy and David Oliver and all those who worked hard to make it a success.
On social media dozens praised the event and also praised the town council for supporting it.
You may also want to watch:
“A great day,” said one. “I appreciated all the effort that has gone into organising and funding the day. In tough financial times you have still manage to keep this going. “Well done to all involved from myself and my friends and extended family.”
Another described it as “an awesome day” and paid thanks to the organisers for making it possible.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
And a third said: “What a fantastic day for us all who attended. Roll on next year for when the Wisbech people all get together again.”
One other enthusiast described the occasion in a single word “epic”