Body found outside industrial unit
- Credit: Archant
A body was found outside an industrial unit earlier today in Wisbech.
Police were alerted by a member of the public shortly after 5am. The death is being treated as “unexplained”.
A cordon has been thrown around the area and police are currently at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “The force control room was called by a member of the public at about 5.10am today (9 May) with a report that the body of a man had been discovered outside an industrial unit in Sandall Road”.
The road has been closed between Weasenham Lane and Railway Road and a cordon put up to allow investigations to take place.
You may also want to watch:
“Detectives are looking into the circumstances of the death, which they are treating as unexplained,” said the spokesman.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 107 of 9 May or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county