Unattended cooking causes house fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech

PUBLISHED: 09:53 27 June 2016 | UPDATED: 09:53 27 June 2016

Unattended cooking causes house fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech

Unattended cooking causes house fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech

Archant

Unattended cooking caused a house to catch fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech on Saturday morning.

All people were safely out of the house by the time two crews from Wisbech arrived at around 11.22am.

Smoke was coming from the back of the house and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and jet to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental and crews returned to their station by 12.40pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Wisbech Standard