UKIP pick their candidate for NE Cambs for the forthcoming General Election
By Kerry Russ ROBIN Lee Talbot has been confirmed as the UK Independence Party s Prospective Parliamentary candidate for North East Cambridgeshire for the 2010 General Election. Mr Talbot, who lives in Wittering said: I am delighted that the North East C
By Kerry Russ
ROBIN Lee Talbot has been confirmed as the UK Independence Party's Prospective Parliamentary candidate for North East Cambridgeshire for the 2010 General Election.
Mr Talbot, who lives in Wittering said: "I am delighted that the North East Cambridgeshire Association has selected me as the PPC as I am particularly interested in local affairs and would like to see some fresh thinking on key issues affecting local people.
"In particular, I feel that Britain can no longer turn a blind eye to mass unregulated immigration from Eastern Europe.
You may also want to watch:
"Here in North East Cambridgeshire we have felt the pressure of this inundation in the jobs market, when so many local people are unemployed. This is certainly not the time to have an open door policy. I am for local jobs for local people.
"On a national level, I believe that we should be an independent country, with worldwide trade connections and not become a backward province of a European super state. I stand for UK independence. That is where our future interests lie."
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
Mr Talbot, 36, is a tanker driver and is single. His hobbies include archery, raising free range chickens on his allotment, cycling and DIY. He comes from a military background which included active service in Middle East.