UKIP pick their candidate for NE Cambs for the forthcoming General Election
By Kerry Russ ROBIN Lee Talbot has been confirmed as the UK Independence Party s Prospective Parliamentary candidate for North East Cambridgeshire for the 2010 General Election. Mr Talbot, who lives in Wittering said: I am delighted that the North East C
By Kerry Russ
ROBIN Lee Talbot has been confirmed as the UK Independence Party's Prospective Parliamentary candidate for North East Cambridgeshire for the 2010 General Election.
Mr Talbot, who lives in Wittering said: "I am delighted that the North East Cambridgeshire Association has selected me as the PPC as I am particularly interested in local affairs and would like to see some fresh thinking on key issues affecting local people.
"In particular, I feel that Britain can no longer turn a blind eye to mass unregulated immigration from Eastern Europe.
You may also want to watch:
"Here in North East Cambridgeshire we have felt the pressure of this inundation in the jobs market, when so many local people are unemployed. This is certainly not the time to have an open door policy. I am for local jobs for local people.
"On a national level, I believe that we should be an independent country, with worldwide trade connections and not become a backward province of a European super state. I stand for UK independence. That is where our future interests lie."
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Mr Talbot, 36, is a tanker driver and is single. His hobbies include archery, raising free range chickens on his allotment, cycling and DIY. He comes from a military background which included active service in Middle East.