Suspected drink-driver flips her car onto its side before colliding with a fence near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested after she flipped her car onto its side before colliding with a fence.
The 56-year-old crashed her Volkswagen Polo on Wisbech Road in Tydd St Mary before providing a breathalyser reading of 95, the legal limit is 35.
The incident happened on Friday evening (July 27) at around 7.15pm and only involved one vehicle.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “We were called at 7.18pm to a single-vehicle RTC on Wisbech Road, Tydd St Mary.
“A silver Volkswagen Polo had collided with a fence.
You may also want to watch:
“A 56-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of driving while over the legal limit for alcohol.
“She has been released under investigation.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
Fen Cops tweeted: “Officers from @FenCops assisted @SpaldingPolice @lincspolice @LincsFireRescue with an #RTC on #A1101 just over the border into #Lincs tonight.
“One driver was arrested at the scene for sus drink drive. Provided a reading of 95, limit 35!”