Suspected drink-driver flips her car onto its side before colliding with a fence near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested after she flipped her car onto its side before colliding with a fence.
The 56-year-old crashed her Volkswagen Polo on Wisbech Road in Tydd St Mary before providing a breathalyser reading of 95, the legal limit is 35.
The incident happened on Friday evening (July 27) at around 7.15pm and only involved one vehicle.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “We were called at 7.18pm to a single-vehicle RTC on Wisbech Road, Tydd St Mary.
“A silver Volkswagen Polo had collided with a fence.
You may also want to watch:
“A 56-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of driving while over the legal limit for alcohol.
“She has been released under investigation.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Fen Cops tweeted: “Officers from @FenCops assisted @SpaldingPolice @lincspolice @LincsFireRescue with an #RTC on #A1101 just over the border into #Lincs tonight.
“One driver was arrested at the scene for sus drink drive. Provided a reading of 95, limit 35!”