Suspected drink-driver flips her car onto its side before colliding with a fence near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested after she flipped her car onto its side before colliding with a fence.
The 56-year-old crashed her Volkswagen Polo on Wisbech Road in Tydd St Mary before providing a breathalyser reading of 95, the legal limit is 35.
The incident happened on Friday evening (July 27) at around 7.15pm and only involved one vehicle.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “We were called at 7.18pm to a single-vehicle RTC on Wisbech Road, Tydd St Mary.
“A silver Volkswagen Polo had collided with a fence.
“A 56-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of driving while over the legal limit for alcohol.
“She has been released under investigation.”
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 7 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Fen Cops tweeted: “Officers from @FenCops assisted @SpaldingPolice @lincspolice @LincsFireRescue with an #RTC on #A1101 just over the border into #Lincs tonight.
“One driver was arrested at the scene for sus drink drive. Provided a reading of 95, limit 35!”