Suspected drink-driver flips her car onto its side before colliding with a fence near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested after she flipped her car onto its side before colliding with a fence.
The 56-year-old crashed her Volkswagen Polo on Wisbech Road in Tydd St Mary before providing a breathalyser reading of 95, the legal limit is 35.
The incident happened on Friday evening (July 27) at around 7.15pm and only involved one vehicle.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: “We were called at 7.18pm to a single-vehicle RTC on Wisbech Road, Tydd St Mary.
“A silver Volkswagen Polo had collided with a fence.
“A 56-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of driving while over the legal limit for alcohol.
“She has been released under investigation.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
Fen Cops tweeted: “Officers from @FenCops assisted @SpaldingPolice @lincspolice @LincsFireRescue with an #RTC on #A1101 just over the border into #Lincs tonight.
“One driver was arrested at the scene for sus drink drive. Provided a reading of 95, limit 35!”