GOLF: Tydd St Giles Golf Club donate thousands to Fen homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds have been raised by Tydd St Giles Golf Club for a homeless charity in the Fens.
Club captain Giles Stearne and vice-captain Mark Johnson announced they would be donating £4,000 to The Ferry Project, which provides accommodation and life skills to homeless people in order to help them live independently.
A golf club spokesperson said: "Giles has always had the homeless in this area close to his heart. This year as the golf club's men's captain has given him a great incentive to support such a good local cause.
The cheque was presented on behalf of the club to charity representative Keith Smith.
The club added: "Keith thanked all for their generosity and said this donation would make a huge difference."
You may also want to watch:
During Giles' year as captain, the club has supported other charities including £800 to The Sick Children's Trust and £500 to The Addenbrookes Kidney Patient Association.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash