Two women arrested for theft - one for stealing over £1,000 of goods including Grey Goose vodka, the other for just £2 worth of items
- Credit: Archant
Two women have been arrested in Wisbech over the past 24 hours- one for being found in possession of £1185.85 worth of alcohol and other goods.
A police spokesman said the woman was arrested on Bank Holiday on suspicion of theft.
“Over £1,000 worth of alcohol was recovered,” said the spokesman.
“Inquiries are on going to where it has come from.”
Among the goods recovered were several bottles of Grey Goose vodka, trainers and a large number of Cow&Gate prodicts.
You may also want to watch:
In the second arrest police were called to deal with a shoplifter - a woman who had stolen items worth £2.
“She was interviewed at the scene and will be summoned to court,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager