Two Wisbech hotels in hands of new owners after historic Rose and Crown is sold
The 600-YEAR-old Rose and Crown is in the hands of new owners after the second Wisbech hotel sale in a month was confirmed.
The Grade II listed hotel was sold off its asking price for offers in the region of �500,000.
The 13-bedroom White Lion hotel, on the Town Bridge, had earlier been sold and is set to undergo refurbishment ready for re-opening within a couple of months.
The Rose and Crown, which has 29 en-suite bedrooms, was sold by property specialists Colliers International.
Ashley Clark, of Colliers International, said: “The Rose & Crown is the latest hotel to be sold in Wisbech. We brought the property to the market during early February and were delighted that, despite the significant investment required, the business attracted a great deal of interest.
You may also want to watch:
“The new owners have family links to the town and very exciting plans for the hotel’s refurbishment and re-launch. I am sure the project will prove very rewarding for them.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family