Two volunteers recognised at first Wisbech Lions Young Leaders in Service Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two young volunteers have been recognised for their community spirit at the Wisbech Lions’ first Young Leaders in Service Awards.
Lucy Kerridge and Lewis McConnachie both completed more than 100 hours of voluntary service in the community.
Lucy fundraised for charities and helped out at the St Augustines Parish Centre.
She is in the middle of a year placement at a nursery to gain an NVQ level 3 before moving on to the University of East Anglia to complete a nursing degree.
Lewis also obtained his hours at the St Augustines centre and by helping with the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
He was unable to attend to collect his award as he is already at university where he is training to be a paramedic.
Lions president Ray Hill said: “The Lion Young Leaders in Service Award is designed to benefit youth by encouraging their involvement in community service, which leads to personal fulfilment and the development of skills that are important to success.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award