Two volunteers recognised at first Wisbech Lions Young Leaders in Service Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two young volunteers have been recognised for their community spirit at the Wisbech Lions’ first Young Leaders in Service Awards.
Lucy Kerridge and Lewis McConnachie both completed more than 100 hours of voluntary service in the community.
Lucy fundraised for charities and helped out at the St Augustines Parish Centre.
She is in the middle of a year placement at a nursery to gain an NVQ level 3 before moving on to the University of East Anglia to complete a nursing degree.
Lewis also obtained his hours at the St Augustines centre and by helping with the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
He was unable to attend to collect his award as he is already at university where he is training to be a paramedic.
Lions president Ray Hill said: “The Lion Young Leaders in Service Award is designed to benefit youth by encouraging their involvement in community service, which leads to personal fulfilment and the development of skills that are important to success.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family