Tractor and trailer come off a Fen road - closely followed by a second
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland road was closed this afternoon after a tractor and trailer went off the road – and a second followed.
Residents believe the second tractor combination was trying to get past the first when it, too, came off the road between Murrow and Guyhirn.
There are no reports of any injuries to either driver.
Villagers in both Murrow and Guyhirn are concerned by the condition of the road.
One resident posted to Facebook that on Gull Road where they live “our house shakes when the tractors go by.
You may also want to watch:
“I am glad no one was hurt today but the road is awful all the way through from Guyhirn to Murrow.”
Another said they, too, live on Gull Road and believe the road “has never been so bad” in the 30 years they have been there.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
“It is where the road has dipped from when the mains sewerage was put in,” they said. “There are now deep ruts which are the problem when a lorry hits them.”