Tractor and trailer come off a Fen road - closely followed by a second
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland road was closed this afternoon after a tractor and trailer went off the road – and a second followed.
Residents believe the second tractor combination was trying to get past the first when it, too, came off the road between Murrow and Guyhirn.
There are no reports of any injuries to either driver.
Villagers in both Murrow and Guyhirn are concerned by the condition of the road.
One resident posted to Facebook that on Gull Road where they live “our house shakes when the tractors go by.
You may also want to watch:
“I am glad no one was hurt today but the road is awful all the way through from Guyhirn to Murrow.”
Another said they, too, live on Gull Road and believe the road “has never been so bad” in the 30 years they have been there.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 5 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 6 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 7 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
“It is where the road has dipped from when the mains sewerage was put in,” they said. “There are now deep ruts which are the problem when a lorry hits them.”