Two seriously injured after shooting incident this morning
TWO people are seriously injured after a shooting incident near Downham Market this morning.
Police were called to High Street in Nordelph at around 11.30am where a man and a woman received firearm injuries.
Police said a 57-year-old man was arrested near the scene and a shotgun was recovered.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Superintendent Nick Davison said: “Whilst we are still in the early stages of our investigation, this appears to be an isolated incident involving people known to one another.
“A man is in police custody and the scene sealed for police investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood officers have also been deployed to the village to offer reassurance to the local community. We are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal