Two seriously injured after shooting incident this morning
TWO people are seriously injured after a shooting incident near Downham Market this morning.
Police were called to High Street in Nordelph at around 11.30am where a man and a woman received firearm injuries.
Police said a 57-year-old man was arrested near the scene and a shotgun was recovered.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Superintendent Nick Davison said: “Whilst we are still in the early stages of our investigation, this appears to be an isolated incident involving people known to one another.
“A man is in police custody and the scene sealed for police investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood officers have also been deployed to the village to offer reassurance to the local community. We are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured