Two seriously injured after shooting incident this morning
TWO people are seriously injured after a shooting incident near Downham Market this morning.
Police were called to High Street in Nordelph at around 11.30am where a man and a woman received firearm injuries.
Police said a 57-year-old man was arrested near the scene and a shotgun was recovered.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Superintendent Nick Davison said: “Whilst we are still in the early stages of our investigation, this appears to be an isolated incident involving people known to one another.
“A man is in police custody and the scene sealed for police investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood officers have also been deployed to the village to offer reassurance to the local community. We are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens