Two seriously injured after shooting incident this morning
TWO people are seriously injured after a shooting incident near Downham Market this morning.
Police were called to High Street in Nordelph at around 11.30am where a man and a woman received firearm injuries.
Police said a 57-year-old man was arrested near the scene and a shotgun was recovered.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Superintendent Nick Davison said: “Whilst we are still in the early stages of our investigation, this appears to be an isolated incident involving people known to one another.
“A man is in police custody and the scene sealed for police investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood officers have also been deployed to the village to offer reassurance to the local community. We are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens