Two seriously injured after shooting incident this morning
TWO people are seriously injured after a shooting incident near Downham Market this morning.
Police were called to High Street in Nordelph at around 11.30am where a man and a woman received firearm injuries.
Police said a 57-year-old man was arrested near the scene and a shotgun was recovered.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Superintendent Nick Davison said: “Whilst we are still in the early stages of our investigation, this appears to be an isolated incident involving people known to one another.
“A man is in police custody and the scene sealed for police investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“Neighbourhood officers have also been deployed to the village to offer reassurance to the local community. We are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.”
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 4 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home