Two motorbikes seized by police as clampdown on nuisance motorcylists continues
TWO motorbikes have been seized by police in Marshland as they continue to clampdown on nuisance motorcylists.
A 14-year-old boy has been given a night-time curfew and ordered to attend a Youth Offender’s rehabilitation programme after admitting a number of driving offences, including taking a motor vehicle without consent and failing to stop for police.
It followed his arrest at Middle Level, Tilney St Lawrence, on October 14.
Two off-road bikers were also stopped by PCSOs in Magdalen on October 17 after residents reported a pair riding along the river banks and Stow Road.
One youth was subsequently stopped in Church Close and had his bike seized and dealt with for a number of motoring offences.
Terrington PCSO, Bernie Lee, said: “This is a rural area and off-road biking is a popular pursuit but it must be done within the law, with express permission from the land owner and in a way that doesn’t disturb local residents.”
“People affected by noisy vehicles or those being driven in an anti-social manner, bikes or cars, should report this to police giving as much detail as possible about those responsible, the vehicle, the times and the locations.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
“All of this helps us deal effectively with the problem.”
To report anti-social behaviour to police or to speak to a member of Terrington Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567.