Two motorbikes seized by police as clampdown on nuisance motorcylists continues
TWO motorbikes have been seized by police in Marshland as they continue to clampdown on nuisance motorcylists.
A 14-year-old boy has been given a night-time curfew and ordered to attend a Youth Offender’s rehabilitation programme after admitting a number of driving offences, including taking a motor vehicle without consent and failing to stop for police.
It followed his arrest at Middle Level, Tilney St Lawrence, on October 14.
Two off-road bikers were also stopped by PCSOs in Magdalen on October 17 after residents reported a pair riding along the river banks and Stow Road.
One youth was subsequently stopped in Church Close and had his bike seized and dealt with for a number of motoring offences.
You may also want to watch:
Terrington PCSO, Bernie Lee, said: “This is a rural area and off-road biking is a popular pursuit but it must be done within the law, with express permission from the land owner and in a way that doesn’t disturb local residents.”
“People affected by noisy vehicles or those being driven in an anti-social manner, bikes or cars, should report this to police giving as much detail as possible about those responsible, the vehicle, the times and the locations.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
“All of this helps us deal effectively with the problem.”
To report anti-social behaviour to police or to speak to a member of Terrington Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567.