Two men arrested for carrying offensive weapons and breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested in Wisbech this morning for breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace and carrying offensive weapons.
The arrests followed a 999 call from a member of the public in the early hours of today.
A police spokesman said: “A call was received into the control room at approximately 02:45hrs regarding several persons breaking in to garages in #Wisbech.
“Police were quickly on scene and a foot chase commenced with two males who were apprehended a short distance away.
“They are now in custody, a third remains outstanding. However enquiries have revealed a name and address.”
You may also want to watch:
Further searches of the males revealed items linked to burglary and offensive weapons. One man was also breaching court bail.
The men are now in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
Police have identified a number of homes which have potentially been broken into on Elizabeth Terrace, but are having trouble identifying owners.
Any person with information should ring police on 101 and quote incident 45 of 25/07/16.