Two men arrested for carrying offensive weapons and breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested in Wisbech this morning for breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace and carrying offensive weapons.
The arrests followed a 999 call from a member of the public in the early hours of today.
A police spokesman said: “A call was received into the control room at approximately 02:45hrs regarding several persons breaking in to garages in #Wisbech.
“Police were quickly on scene and a foot chase commenced with two males who were apprehended a short distance away.
“They are now in custody, a third remains outstanding. However enquiries have revealed a name and address.”
You may also want to watch:
Further searches of the males revealed items linked to burglary and offensive weapons. One man was also breaching court bail.
The men are now in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Police have identified a number of homes which have potentially been broken into on Elizabeth Terrace, but are having trouble identifying owners.
Any person with information should ring police on 101 and quote incident 45 of 25/07/16.