Two men arrested for carrying offensive weapons and breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Two people were arrested in Wisbech this morning for breaking into garages in Elizabeth Terrace and carrying offensive weapons.
The arrests followed a 999 call from a member of the public in the early hours of today.
A police spokesman said: “A call was received into the control room at approximately 02:45hrs regarding several persons breaking in to garages in #Wisbech.
“Police were quickly on scene and a foot chase commenced with two males who were apprehended a short distance away.
“They are now in custody, a third remains outstanding. However enquiries have revealed a name and address.”
Further searches of the males revealed items linked to burglary and offensive weapons. One man was also breaching court bail.
The men are now in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Police have identified a number of homes which have potentially been broken into on Elizabeth Terrace, but are having trouble identifying owners.
Any person with information should ring police on 101 and quote incident 45 of 25/07/16.