Two rushed to hospital following A47 smash involving Mercedes E-Class and Volkswagen Golf GTI between Wisbech and Guyhirn
- Credit: SUPPLIED
Two people were rushed to hospital yesterday evening following a collision between two cars on the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn.
A white Mercedes E-Class collided with a Volkswagen Golf GTI on the main stretch of road on Wednesday, May 1 at around 6.30pm – causing major rush hour delays.
Police officers closed the road at the Guyhirn and Wisbech round about – leaving standstill traffic between the incident and blockades.
All three emergency services attended the scene before two casualties were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Peterborough City Hospital for “further treatment”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Police were called at 6.39pm to reports of the road traffic collision involving a white Mercedes E350 and white Volkswagen Golf GTI.
You may also want to watch:
“Police fire and ambulance services attended and the road was closed while a recovery took place.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed they sent two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle to the scene yesterday evening.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
They said: “One patient was taken to Peterborough City Hospital and a second patient was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further treatment.”