Thieves target two rural Co-ops and leave behind a burnt out Land Rover
- Credit: Archant
The Co-op stores in Long Sutton and Crowland have had their ATMs attacked in the early hours of today (Thursday).
The cashpoint at the Co-op, West Street, Long Sutton was attacked around 2.40 am on Wednesday 6 May. The second cashpoint, at the Co-op, West Street, Crowland was attacked an hour later at 3.40 am.
A stolen Land Rover was used in the first attack at Long Sutton causing the front window of the Co-op store to be ripped out.
A police spokesman said: “We cannot confirm at this stage if any cash has been stolen.”
Around 4 am officers found a green Land Rover on fire at Hundreds Road, near Crowland.
You may also want to watch:
During the second attack at Crowland a second stolen Land Rover was used to reverse into the store front but the offenders were unsuccessful in removing the ATM or stealing its contents.
The Land Rover was left behind, and the offenders are believed to have fled in a silver Skoda estate which has black spoke alloy wheels. The Land Rover had earlier been stolen from Crowland around 00.30 today, Wednesday 6 May.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
The police spokesman said: “We are appealing for anyone who saw anything they believe may be connected to these incidents, any activity believed to be suspicious linked to either Land Rover vehicles or a silver Skoda estate, or the incidents themselves to get in touch.
“The investigations are at an early stage and we hope to update with further information later.
Information to101, quoting reference Incident 29 of 6 May – Co-op, Long Sutton, Incident 34 of 6 May – Co-op, Crowland
Or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.