Two arrests in Wisbech after spate of 26 burglaries in four months
- Credit: Archant
A man from Wisbech has been arrested in connection with a burglary where a woman in her 80s was assaulted on Monday night (July 29).
The incident happened in Holmes Drive after the woman allegedly tried to stop a burglar from entering her home, leaving her with minor injuries.
The man is currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough.
A 17-year-old boy from Wisbech was also arrested yesterday afternoon (Aug 1) in connection with another burglary in the town.
He has since been bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on August 27.
It comes as police revealed that in the last four months there have been 26 burglaries in the town with the majority taking place in June and July.
Most of the burglaries have taken place overnight, however some have been during the day.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
Many have been through forced entry with both homes and outbuildings such as garages and sheds being targeted.