Woman appears in court via video link after being charged with eight counts of theft from homes in Outwell, Downham Market, Lakenheath, Watlington and Wiggenhall St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged in connection with a series of distraction burglaries in Outwell, Downham Market, Lakenheath, Watlington, and Wiggenhall St Mary.
The burglaries took place in August and September.
33 year old Tracey Parker-Smith of London Road, Downham Market has been charged with eight counts of theft.
She appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court this morning (Friday 15 September) via video link and has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court at a future date.
A man in his 50s arrested in connection with the incidents has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police had appealed for information following four distraction burglaries targeting elderly residents in West Norfolk.
The allegations concern an incident on August 30 when a couple cold called a house in Wsbech Road in Outwell, offering cleaning at a discounted rate.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
A further incident occurred on September 8 at a property on London Road in Downham Market, where a woman called at a home offering cleaning free of charge
On Tuesday September 12 at some point between 10 am and 10.30am, a woman offering a free hour’s cleaning for the over 70s cold called at a property in Mill Road in Watlington.
On the same morning, a woman offering cleaning services cold called at a property on Stow Road in Wiggenhall St Mary Magdalen.