Woman appears in court via video link after being charged with eight counts of theft from homes in Outwell, Downham Market, Lakenheath, Watlington and Wiggenhall St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged in connection with a series of distraction burglaries in Outwell, Downham Market, Lakenheath, Watlington, and Wiggenhall St Mary.
The burglaries took place in August and September.
33 year old Tracey Parker-Smith of London Road, Downham Market has been charged with eight counts of theft.
She appeared at Norwich Magistrates’ Court this morning (Friday 15 September) via video link and has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court at a future date.
A man in his 50s arrested in connection with the incidents has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police had appealed for information following four distraction burglaries targeting elderly residents in West Norfolk.
The allegations concern an incident on August 30 when a couple cold called a house in Wsbech Road in Outwell, offering cleaning at a discounted rate.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
A further incident occurred on September 8 at a property on London Road in Downham Market, where a woman called at a home offering cleaning free of charge
On Tuesday September 12 at some point between 10 am and 10.30am, a woman offering a free hour’s cleaning for the over 70s cold called at a property in Mill Road in Watlington.
On the same morning, a woman offering cleaning services cold called at a property on Stow Road in Wiggenhall St Mary Magdalen.