Two arrested in drugs raid in Wisbech this morning
EXCLUSIVE By ADAM LAZZARI TWO people were arrested in Wisbech this morning on suspicion of possession Class A drugs. Police forced their way into a property on Osborne Road at 6.40am and executed a search warrant. They arrested a 34-year-old man and a
By ADAM LAZZARI
TWO people were arrested in Wisbech this morning on suspicion of possession Class A drugs.
Police forced their way into a property on Osborne Road at 6.40am and executed a search warrant.
You may also want to watch:
They arrested a 34-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman who were living at the address and they are now being interviewed at Wisbech Police Station.
The warrant was under the Misuse of Drugs Act, and involved 12 Officers, and a drug search dog, named Benny, who located numerous packets containing white powder.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
Sergeant Dave Bax said: "The fight against drug supply and use continues, and police will act on information received from the public about the illegal drug use.
"These arrests resulted from good information from the local community and I would urge people to keep coming forward. We can't find drugs if we're not looking for them."
Sgt Bax added that a small amount of drugs were discovered on the raid, which are now being sent away to be tested.
Anyone with information about drug use should either call 0345 456 4564, or Crime Stoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The police can also be contacted at www.cambs.police.uk website where a message can be sent to the team 24 hours a day.