Two arrested in drugs raid in Wisbech this morning
EXCLUSIVE By ADAM LAZZARI TWO people were arrested in Wisbech this morning on suspicion of possession Class A drugs. Police forced their way into a property on Osborne Road at 6.40am and executed a search warrant. They arrested a 34-year-old man and a
By ADAM LAZZARI
TWO people were arrested in Wisbech this morning on suspicion of possession Class A drugs.
Police forced their way into a property on Osborne Road at 6.40am and executed a search warrant.
They arrested a 34-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman who were living at the address and they are now being interviewed at Wisbech Police Station.
The warrant was under the Misuse of Drugs Act, and involved 12 Officers, and a drug search dog, named Benny, who located numerous packets containing white powder.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
Sergeant Dave Bax said: "The fight against drug supply and use continues, and police will act on information received from the public about the illegal drug use.
"These arrests resulted from good information from the local community and I would urge people to keep coming forward. We can't find drugs if we're not looking for them."
Sgt Bax added that a small amount of drugs were discovered on the raid, which are now being sent away to be tested.
Anyone with information about drug use should either call 0345 456 4564, or Crime Stoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The police can also be contacted at www.cambs.police.uk website where a message can be sent to the team 24 hours a day.