Two arrested for drugs offences in Fenland village after police searched parked vehicle
TWO men were arrested for drugs offences after police stopped and searched a vehicle parked in a Fenland village.
The car was spotted in Broad End Road, Walsoken, by response officers carrying out routine patrols at 11pm on Saturday.
A small quantity of cannabis and ecstasy were recovered from the vehicle.
An 18-year-old man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and the second arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Sgt Sam Pontin said: “Drugs are a concern to people in the community and police carry out routine patrols throughout the day and night and act on suspicious activity.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who suspects drugs dealing or activity can contact police in confidence by calling 0845 456 4567.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka