Two arrested for drugs offences in Fenland village after police searched parked vehicle
TWO men were arrested for drugs offences after police stopped and searched a vehicle parked in a Fenland village.
The car was spotted in Broad End Road, Walsoken, by response officers carrying out routine patrols at 11pm on Saturday.
A small quantity of cannabis and ecstasy were recovered from the vehicle.
An 18-year-old man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and the second arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Sgt Sam Pontin said: “Drugs are a concern to people in the community and police carry out routine patrols throughout the day and night and act on suspicious activity.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who suspects drugs dealing or activity can contact police in confidence by calling 0845 456 4567.”
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 7 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 10 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted