Two arrested for drugs offences in Fenland village after police searched parked vehicle
TWO men were arrested for drugs offences after police stopped and searched a vehicle parked in a Fenland village.
The car was spotted in Broad End Road, Walsoken, by response officers carrying out routine patrols at 11pm on Saturday.
A small quantity of cannabis and ecstasy were recovered from the vehicle.
An 18-year-old man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and the second arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Sgt Sam Pontin said: “Drugs are a concern to people in the community and police carry out routine patrols throughout the day and night and act on suspicious activity.
“Anyone who suspects drugs dealing or activity can contact police in confidence by calling 0845 456 4567.”
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward