Two arrested for drugs offences in Fenland village after police searched parked vehicle
TWO men were arrested for drugs offences after police stopped and searched a vehicle parked in a Fenland village.
The car was spotted in Broad End Road, Walsoken, by response officers carrying out routine patrols at 11pm on Saturday.
A small quantity of cannabis and ecstasy were recovered from the vehicle.
An 18-year-old man was cautioned for possession of cannabis and the second arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. He has been bailed pending further enquiries.
Sgt Sam Pontin said: “Drugs are a concern to people in the community and police carry out routine patrols throughout the day and night and act on suspicious activity.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who suspects drugs dealing or activity can contact police in confidence by calling 0845 456 4567.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide