Turners support British organic carrots campaign
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire-based transport company Turners has teamed up with growers to promote British organic carrots on their lorries.
They are currently advertising on three of their vehicles with more to appear on the roads later in the season.
The promotion is part of a new nationwide campaign to promote British organic carrots on behalf of the grower base.
Oliver Watts, commercial lead for the campaign, said: “The main objective behind this campaign is to raise awareness about the benefits of British organic carrots.
“We hope initiatives such as this will encourage a deeper understanding of the difference between organic and conventional produce, with a particular focus on the carrot category.”
You may also want to watch:
Turners are one of the largest haulage companies in the UK.
Paul Day, managing director at Turners, said: “We work with many fresh produce businesses and we’re always keen to ensure fruit and vegetables are promoted for the health of the nation.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
“We’re delighted to work with British organic carrot growers to encourage the consumption of fresh produce in the UK.”