Turners support British organic carrots campaign
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire-based transport company Turners has teamed up with growers to promote British organic carrots on their lorries.
They are currently advertising on three of their vehicles with more to appear on the roads later in the season.
The promotion is part of a new nationwide campaign to promote British organic carrots on behalf of the grower base.
Oliver Watts, commercial lead for the campaign, said: “The main objective behind this campaign is to raise awareness about the benefits of British organic carrots.
“We hope initiatives such as this will encourage a deeper understanding of the difference between organic and conventional produce, with a particular focus on the carrot category.”
You may also want to watch:
Turners are one of the largest haulage companies in the UK.
Paul Day, managing director at Turners, said: “We work with many fresh produce businesses and we’re always keen to ensure fruit and vegetables are promoted for the health of the nation.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
“We’re delighted to work with British organic carrot growers to encourage the consumption of fresh produce in the UK.”