Try out penny farthings, tandems and more when cycling roadshow comes to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A cycling roadshow is coming to Wisbech later this month.
As part of the Cambridgeshire Festival of Cycling 2015, enthusiasts will get to try out a range of bikes including cargo bikes, tricycles, tandems, family pedalabouts, recumbents, penny farthings, a bike bus, a circular ‘conference cycle’ and many more.
The roadshow will be at the Market Square on May 31, Wisbech Festival at the Crescent on June 7 and Thomas Clarkson Academy on June 28 (10am-4pm each day).
The festival aims to encourage people to try cycling more often and to give cycling organisations and retailers the chance to promote cycling to the Cambridgeshire public.
There will also be plenty for existing cyclists, including free bike checks and basic service by professional mechanics and the opportunity to make contact with other cycling groups and cycle training professionals.
You may also want to watch:
The events will also include a selection of special bikes for people with disabilities.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease