Try out penny farthings, tandems and more when cycling roadshow comes to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A cycling roadshow is coming to Wisbech later this month.
As part of the Cambridgeshire Festival of Cycling 2015, enthusiasts will get to try out a range of bikes including cargo bikes, tricycles, tandems, family pedalabouts, recumbents, penny farthings, a bike bus, a circular ‘conference cycle’ and many more.
The roadshow will be at the Market Square on May 31, Wisbech Festival at the Crescent on June 7 and Thomas Clarkson Academy on June 28 (10am-4pm each day).
The festival aims to encourage people to try cycling more often and to give cycling organisations and retailers the chance to promote cycling to the Cambridgeshire public.
There will also be plenty for existing cyclists, including free bike checks and basic service by professional mechanics and the opportunity to make contact with other cycling groups and cycle training professionals.
You may also want to watch:
The events will also include a selection of special bikes for people with disabilities.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in