Trophies and cash presented to best decorated windows in March
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of March, Councillor Andrew Pugh, has presented trophies and cheques to the two best decorated shop windows in the town.
Top prize in the large window category went to Claire Harpham, who runs her Inspirations beauty business from Amber Aesthetics at the Wheel Centre.
Cambridgeshire Mencap in the High Street took the honours in the small window category. Both winners received a trophy and a cheque for £50.
Judges were five members of the March Christmas Lights Committee, Councillors Robert Skoulding, Malcolm George and Steve Court, along with Sylvia Keane and Sue Beer.
Clive Lemmon, the secretary of the committee, said: “The standard of the decorated window was very high. We would like to thank everyone who spent a great deal of time and effort to create the festive windows.”
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas scene created by Claire Harpham included Rudolph pulling a sleigh, with an upside-down Santa, and an elf directing him with a map.
Claire said: “I made everything myself, except the reindeer, and its been lovely to watch children enjoying the scene.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Cambridgeshire Mencap, whose window depicted a sleigh with tumbling wrapped presents, were delighted to be a winner.
Creative arts tutor Deb Matthysz said: “A lot of people have stopped to admire the display which was created by members and volunteers. The group will decided how we spend the prize money, but we may use it to get a new camera.”