Trick or treat? That's ok but don't be among the minority who spoil it say police
TRICK or treat? That s ok but don t be among the small minority who want to spoil it for everyone, say police. West Norfolk Police said today they want everyone to have an enjoyable Halloween and is asking the public to help by acting as their eyes and e
TRICK or treat? That's ok but don't be among the small minority who want to spoil it for everyone, say police.
West Norfolk Police said today they want everyone to have an enjoyable Halloween and is asking the public to help by acting as 'their eyes and ears'.
"People out trick or treating can play a key role in being able to spot any problems that might be occurring in a particular and which could escalate if not dealt with promptly by police," said Chief Supt Tony Cherington.
"Whilst the Constabulary wants people celebrating Halloween to have an enjoyable time, it is important to also respect the wishes of others who prefer not to mark the occasion.
"We want everybody to enjoy Halloween. It's an exciting time for youngsters to dress up and go trick or treating.
"However, a small minority use Halloween as an opportunity for anti-social behaviour and spoil everybody's evening.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 10 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
"We will therefore have additional resources available across the county to provide a reassuring presence and stop that happening.
"Anybody who has concerns on the night should contact the police and we will get to you as soon as we are able.