Tributes paid to well-known Fenland tea room server
- Credit: Archant
Tributes are being paid to a popular Fenland tea room server who died yesterday (Sunday).
Jim Benn served customers and baked delicious cakes for the Orchard Tea Room in Redmoor Lane, Wisbech.
To honour his wishes, the tea room is currently closed and will re-open on Wednesday.
A post on the Orchard Tea Room Facebook page said: “We are very sad to announce that Jim passed away yesterday. We know that he will be missed by many friends and family.
“The tea room will be closed today and tomorrow but as per his wishes we’ll be open again on Wednesday to serve tea and cake as usual.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome your thoughts and comments here on this post, but the family would be grateful for their privacy to grieve in this difficult time.”
The post has been widely shared, with many customers commenting on Jim’s friendly nature and much-loved character.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
The Sunshine Centre for Therapeutic Riding in Salters Lode, near Downham Market, shared the post and said: “We are so sad to hear of the passing of Jim, a great friend and supporter.
“Our sincere sympathy goes to his lovely wife and boys.”