Tributes paid to well-known Fenland tea room server
- Credit: Archant
Tributes are being paid to a popular Fenland tea room server who died yesterday (Sunday).
Jim Benn served customers and baked delicious cakes for the Orchard Tea Room in Redmoor Lane, Wisbech.
To honour his wishes, the tea room is currently closed and will re-open on Wednesday.
A post on the Orchard Tea Room Facebook page said: “We are very sad to announce that Jim passed away yesterday. We know that he will be missed by many friends and family.
“The tea room will be closed today and tomorrow but as per his wishes we’ll be open again on Wednesday to serve tea and cake as usual.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome your thoughts and comments here on this post, but the family would be grateful for their privacy to grieve in this difficult time.”
The post has been widely shared, with many customers commenting on Jim’s friendly nature and much-loved character.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
The Sunshine Centre for Therapeutic Riding in Salters Lode, near Downham Market, shared the post and said: “We are so sad to hear of the passing of Jim, a great friend and supporter.
“Our sincere sympathy goes to his lovely wife and boys.”