Flowering cherry trees planted along South Brink in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Eight Japanese flowering cherry trees were planted along South Brink in Wisbech as part of National Plant a Tree Day.
Wisbech Street Pride joined forces with Wisbech in Bloom to plant the elegant trees opposite the Nestle Purina factory on November 30.
The trees were sourced by In Bloom committee member, Alan Wheeldon, who had the task of painting the Blooming Bikes - which were an integral part of Wisbech's golden success in Anglia In Bloom this year and last.
The group of seven spent around two hours planting the trees in almost freezing and foggy conditions and also planted some bulbs to further boost the spring colour.
This was first of a larger tree planting scheme that Wisbech Street Pride and In Bloom hope to extend all over Wisbech in the coming years.
You may also want to watch:
Another 18 trees have already been ordered to plant along another allocated site in Lynn Road.
The day was organised by the Woodland Trust.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time