Trees planted for Wisbech park opening vandalised
TREES planted at the Wisbech Adventure Playground in preparation for its official opening on May 7 have already been vandalised.
Staff, contractors and local residents helped with the planting of approximately 50 trees on the site. The trees are the first part of the landscaping of the site following the development of the playground at The Spinney.
Children and young people helped to plant some of the trees and were involved in watering the trees once they were in the ground.
But anti park campaigner Alan Lay took these photos of the trees the day after they had been planted.
Jane Leet, communications and partnership manager for the park, said: “I am disappointed to see the damage to the new trees and we are arranging for someone to come and re-stake and re-secure the new trees.”
You may also want to watch:
The council had earlier thanked the children, young people and local residents who live near the site for helping with the planting and watering of the new trees.
Nearby residents allowed organisers to connect their hoses to their household water supply in cases where hoses could not reach.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The official opening of the playground will be on Saturday 7 May from 12 noon to 4pm.
Ms Leet, in response to other issues to put by Mr Lay, added: “I am concerned that there has been another issue with the timing of the lock and unlock”. The issue has been raised with the security contractor.