Tree planting at the Oasis Centre for Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age
A TREE planting at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech marked the centre s involvement with the Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age project. Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age is a partnership group involving older people, local authorities, the Primary Care Trust, voluntar
A TREE planting at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech marked the centre's involvement with the Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age project.
Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age is a partnership group involving older people, local authorities, the Primary Care Trust, voluntary agencies and community groups working with and on behalf of older people.
For the last two years a varied programme of activity has taken place throughout the county.
The aim is to promote the well-being and improve the quality of life for older people.
You may also want to watch:
The gardening project at the Oasis Centre has been funded by Roddons Housing Association and the 'Good Food for Cambridgeshire' project.
The garden is used by the Age Concern Day Centre and the Orchard C of E Primary School.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience
The final stage in the development of the Oasis Community Garden took place on Friday when children from the Orchard School and members of the Age Concern Friday Club planted a mini orchard in their new garden.
An application for funds from Wisbech Town Council has been made, so that benches, tables and parasols can be purchased.