Tree planting at the Oasis Centre for Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age
A TREE planting at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech marked the centre s involvement with the Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age project. Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age is a partnership group involving older people, local authorities, the Primary Care Trust, voluntar
A TREE planting at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech marked the centre's involvement with the Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age project.
Cambridgeshire Celebrates Age is a partnership group involving older people, local authorities, the Primary Care Trust, voluntary agencies and community groups working with and on behalf of older people.
For the last two years a varied programme of activity has taken place throughout the county.
The aim is to promote the well-being and improve the quality of life for older people.
You may also want to watch:
The gardening project at the Oasis Centre has been funded by Roddons Housing Association and the 'Good Food for Cambridgeshire' project.
The garden is used by the Age Concern Day Centre and the Orchard C of E Primary School.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
The final stage in the development of the Oasis Community Garden took place on Friday when children from the Orchard School and members of the Age Concern Friday Club planted a mini orchard in their new garden.
An application for funds from Wisbech Town Council has been made, so that benches, tables and parasols can be purchased.