TREE-MENDOUS! Worzals Farm Shop help youngsters get in the Christmas spirit
YOUNGSTERS will be able to get into the Christmas spirit thanks to a tree-mendous gift to their primary school.
Worzals Farm Shop in Walton Highway donated the giant tree to Westmere Primary School in Sutton Bridge.
Year 6 pupils Gypsy Robinson and Dylan Mason chose the tree which has now been decorated by youngsters and stands proudly in the school’s hall.
Westmere head teacher Karen Wiles said: “They could pick any Christmas tree they wanted and they did us proud by picking the biggest one there!
“The festive season is not the same without a tree, let alone a real one. You can smell its Christmas as soon as you walk into our school hall.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s given the children so much excitement and Worzals have shown true Christmas spirit. We can’t thank them enough for donating it.”
Teaching assistant Sally Curson’s husband is a relative of the shop’s owners and asked for help in making it a Christmas to remember for the school’s children.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream