Treat yourself to a Sweet Retreat in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Tasty treats are on the menu at a new family-run shop in Market Street, Wisbech.
Sweet Retreat serves waffles, pancakes, ice cream sundaes and homemade cakes, as well as sandwiches and salads to eat in or takeaway. There are also plans to offer an afternoon tea experience.
The business is owned by Nicola Sewell who has 15 years’ experience as a catering supervisor and has dreamt of owning her own business for many years. She is joined by her daughters Chloe and Lauren, and sister in law Claire Foster.
She said: “I’ve wanted to open my own place for many years and I wanted it to be different so I decided on a hybrid concept of a dessert lounge and café mix.
“I love baking and we specialise in homemade cakes. I’m hoping that the people of Wisbech will come to enjoy our little slice of sweetness.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, president of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce, said: “I’ve tried some of the products and they’re delicious - I’m sure once other people have tasted Nicola’s cakes they’ll be back for more! I wish them all the very best.”
Nicola and her team will be serving up the treats from Monday 11am to 3pm, Tuesday to Thursday 11am to 4pm, Friday and Saturday 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
To make a telphone order call 01945 581172 or 07947 738007.