Treat yourself to a Sweet Retreat in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Tasty treats are on the menu at a new family-run shop in Market Street, Wisbech.
Sweet Retreat serves waffles, pancakes, ice cream sundaes and homemade cakes, as well as sandwiches and salads to eat in or takeaway. There are also plans to offer an afternoon tea experience.
The business is owned by Nicola Sewell who has 15 years’ experience as a catering supervisor and has dreamt of owning her own business for many years. She is joined by her daughters Chloe and Lauren, and sister in law Claire Foster.
She said: “I’ve wanted to open my own place for many years and I wanted it to be different so I decided on a hybrid concept of a dessert lounge and café mix.
“I love baking and we specialise in homemade cakes. I’m hoping that the people of Wisbech will come to enjoy our little slice of sweetness.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, president of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce, said: “I’ve tried some of the products and they’re delicious - I’m sure once other people have tasted Nicola’s cakes they’ll be back for more! I wish them all the very best.”
Nicola and her team will be serving up the treats from Monday 11am to 3pm, Tuesday to Thursday 11am to 4pm, Friday and Saturday 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
To make a telphone order call 01945 581172 or 07947 738007.