Treat yourself to a Sweet Retreat in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Tasty treats are on the menu at a new family-run shop in Market Street, Wisbech.
Sweet Retreat serves waffles, pancakes, ice cream sundaes and homemade cakes, as well as sandwiches and salads to eat in or takeaway. There are also plans to offer an afternoon tea experience.
The business is owned by Nicola Sewell who has 15 years’ experience as a catering supervisor and has dreamt of owning her own business for many years. She is joined by her daughters Chloe and Lauren, and sister in law Claire Foster.
She said: “I’ve wanted to open my own place for many years and I wanted it to be different so I decided on a hybrid concept of a dessert lounge and café mix.
“I love baking and we specialise in homemade cakes. I’m hoping that the people of Wisbech will come to enjoy our little slice of sweetness.”
Kevin Smith, president of the Wisbech & District Chamber of Commerce, said: “I’ve tried some of the products and they’re delicious - I’m sure once other people have tasted Nicola’s cakes they’ll be back for more! I wish them all the very best.”
Nicola and her team will be serving up the treats from Monday 11am to 3pm, Tuesday to Thursday 11am to 4pm, Friday and Saturday 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
To make a telphone order call 01945 581172 or 07947 738007.