Travelodge sets sights on Wisbech for new hotel - potentially creating up to 30 jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new Travelodge could be opening in Wisbech, potentially creating up to 30 jobs.
The news comes after a 68-room hotel was opened in King’s Lynn this week, creating 15 new jobs.
Following the opening of the company’s 532nd hotel, bosses said that with more people enjoying time in the area, it was looking for hotel sites in Wisbech and Cromer, which could create around 30 jobs.
Travelodge people director, Hannah Thomson, said: “The Norfolk economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is still a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.”
The new hotel was officially opened by borough mayor David Whitby and Ms Thomson, who was born and raised in Lynn, on Friday (13).
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk’s eighth Travelodge hotel has been designed in the company’s new contemporary brand design and features the new upgraded room concept and bespoke king-size Travelodge dreamer bed.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000