Travelodge sets sights on Wisbech for new hotel - potentially creating up to 30 jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new Travelodge could be opening in Wisbech, potentially creating up to 30 jobs.
The news comes after a 68-room hotel was opened in King’s Lynn this week, creating 15 new jobs.
Following the opening of the company’s 532nd hotel, bosses said that with more people enjoying time in the area, it was looking for hotel sites in Wisbech and Cromer, which could create around 30 jobs.
Travelodge people director, Hannah Thomson, said: “The Norfolk economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is still a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.”
The new hotel was officially opened by borough mayor David Whitby and Ms Thomson, who was born and raised in Lynn, on Friday (13).
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk’s eighth Travelodge hotel has been designed in the company’s new contemporary brand design and features the new upgraded room concept and bespoke king-size Travelodge dreamer bed.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery