Travelodge sets sights on Wisbech for new hotel - potentially creating up to 30 jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new Travelodge could be opening in Wisbech, potentially creating up to 30 jobs.
The news comes after a 68-room hotel was opened in King’s Lynn this week, creating 15 new jobs.
Following the opening of the company’s 532nd hotel, bosses said that with more people enjoying time in the area, it was looking for hotel sites in Wisbech and Cromer, which could create around 30 jobs.
Travelodge people director, Hannah Thomson, said: “The Norfolk economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is still a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.”
The new hotel was officially opened by borough mayor David Whitby and Ms Thomson, who was born and raised in Lynn, on Friday (13).
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk’s eighth Travelodge hotel has been designed in the company’s new contemporary brand design and features the new upgraded room concept and bespoke king-size Travelodge dreamer bed.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide