Travelodge sets sights on Wisbech for new hotel - potentially creating up to 30 jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new Travelodge could be opening in Wisbech, potentially creating up to 30 jobs.
The news comes after a 68-room hotel was opened in King’s Lynn this week, creating 15 new jobs.
Following the opening of the company’s 532nd hotel, bosses said that with more people enjoying time in the area, it was looking for hotel sites in Wisbech and Cromer, which could create around 30 jobs.
Travelodge people director, Hannah Thomson, said: “The Norfolk economy is growing at pace and with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is still a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price.”
The new hotel was officially opened by borough mayor David Whitby and Ms Thomson, who was born and raised in Lynn, on Friday (13).
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk’s eighth Travelodge hotel has been designed in the company’s new contemporary brand design and features the new upgraded room concept and bespoke king-size Travelodge dreamer bed.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary