Training centre success
A WISBECH training centre held an awards evening to celebrate the success of its first crop of students. The town s mayor, Councillor David Oliver, was on hand to present students of Cambridgeshire Training and Consultancy with their certificates. The stu
A WISBECH training centre held an awards evening to celebrate the success of its first crop of students.
The town's mayor, Councillor David Oliver, was on hand to present students of Cambridgeshire Training and Consultancy with their certificates.
The students took the University of Cambridge Skills for Life Citizenship and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) exams.
As an accredited examination centre with the University of Cambridge, the Norfolk Street centre achieved a pass rate of 93 per cent - seven per cent above the average pass rate.
You may also want to watch:
From the outset of the business it was the intention of company joint director Kareem Al-Ghazo to become a centre with the University of Cambridge so students could obtain an internationally recognised qualification rather than a national qualification.
Mr Al-Ghazo said: "This is was an excellent start for CTC and we now have our second set of courses running."
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
n Our picture shows some of the successful students with Training and Consultancy directors Kareem Al-Ghazo, right, and Sam Wagstaffe, left, with the mayor and mayoress of Wisbech, Cllr and Mrs David Oliver.
Picture: PETER UPTON