Trailer fire on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A trailer carrying straw bales caught fire last night (Thursday July 12) on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Brandon Creek at around 6pm and have confirmed the cause was accidental.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Littleport and one crew from Ely were called to a fire on Ten Mile Bank in Brandon Creek.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a trailer and around 20 straw bales.
“They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 10.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
Ten Mile Bank is a Fenland hamlet of around 200 people situated on the west bank of the River Great Ouse between Denver and Littleport.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
The village has no public house or shop. The nearest are in Hilgay – two miles away.
The nearest Post Office is at Denver – four miles away.
To the north are Downham Market (five miles) and King’s Lynn (18 miles). To the south is Littleport (nine miles), Ely (14 miles) and Cambridge (30 miles).