Trailer fire on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A trailer carrying straw bales caught fire last night (Thursday July 12) on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Brandon Creek at around 6pm and have confirmed the cause was accidental.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Littleport and one crew from Ely were called to a fire on Ten Mile Bank in Brandon Creek.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a trailer and around 20 straw bales.
“They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 10.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
Ten Mile Bank is a Fenland hamlet of around 200 people situated on the west bank of the River Great Ouse between Denver and Littleport.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 7 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 8 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
The village has no public house or shop. The nearest are in Hilgay – two miles away.
The nearest Post Office is at Denver – four miles away.
To the north are Downham Market (five miles) and King’s Lynn (18 miles). To the south is Littleport (nine miles), Ely (14 miles) and Cambridge (30 miles).