Trailer fire on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A trailer carrying straw bales caught fire last night (Thursday July 12) on Ten Mile Bank near Littleport.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Brandon Creek at around 6pm and have confirmed the cause was accidental.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Littleport and one crew from Ely were called to a fire on Ten Mile Bank in Brandon Creek.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a trailer and around 20 straw bales.
“They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 10.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
Ten Mile Bank is a Fenland hamlet of around 200 people situated on the west bank of the River Great Ouse between Denver and Littleport.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The village has no public house or shop. The nearest are in Hilgay – two miles away.
The nearest Post Office is at Denver – four miles away.
To the north are Downham Market (five miles) and King’s Lynn (18 miles). To the south is Littleport (nine miles), Ely (14 miles) and Cambridge (30 miles).