Town centre access restricted following suspected gas leak
- Credit: Cambs Times reader
Part of Broad Street, March, remains closed today following a suspected gas leak.
No entrance signs and barriers have been put across the section of Broad Street turning left from Station Road.
A number of Cadent service vehicles are in Broad Street and cones have been put around a section of the road.
However, pedestrians continue to walk freely and traffic has not been banned from using the other side of the road.
More information is awaited from Cadent on the suspected leak.
You may also want to watch:
One local resident has described “smelling gas in the area” on Monday.
Earlier this month March was affected by four gas leaks that caused residents to be evacuated and whole streets closed off.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
Two years ago, Broad Street was closed for a week to allow emergency repairs by Cadent after a gas leak.