Chaos as mobile home brings village to standstill
- Credit: Ely Standard readers
For once motorists had no option other than to ‘slow down’ on a village high street as a mobile home brought traffic to a standstill.
Eyewitnesses watching a mini drama unfold as the lorry transporting the mobile home through the village (just north of St Ives) decided on a 3-point turn.
It wasn’t necessarily one of his best ideas for a Monday – or indeed for any day.
“Total bedlam ensued,” said a motorist caught up in the jam.
It happened at 3pm but it is not clear how look it took to resolve itself.
“The driver of an extra wide vehicle tried to do a 3-point turn in the town centre,” said an eyewitness.
“It brought everything to a standstill.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
"The driver eventually reversed down the side of the old hotel in the centre of town and then drove up towards the garden centre."