Road reopens after eight hours following serious A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
The road has reopened after police closed a section of the A47 in both directions following a serious crash.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the scene of a crash on the southbound carriageway of the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn at around 9pm on Wednesday, May 19.
The scene, was between the A141 near Guyhirn and the B198 near South Brink.
Fenland Police confirmed the road had reopened at around 5:30pm this morning.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from March and Wisbech worked with police and ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Police were asking road users to expect delays on the approach to the closures and allow extra time for their journeys following the incident.
- For live traffic updates visit the EDP traffic map
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August