Road reopens after eight hours following serious A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
The road has reopened after police closed a section of the A47 in both directions following a serious crash.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the scene of a crash on the southbound carriageway of the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn at around 9pm on Wednesday, May 19.
The scene, was between the A141 near Guyhirn and the B198 near South Brink.
Fenland Police confirmed the road had reopened at around 5:30pm this morning.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from March and Wisbech worked with police and ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Police were asking road users to expect delays on the approach to the closures and allow extra time for their journeys following the incident.
- For live traffic updates visit the EDP traffic map
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Showcase status for Academy
- 4 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience