A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- Credit: Highways England
A stretch of the A47 will be closed overnight for roadworks.
The road will be closed overnight from July 28 to 29 between South Brink and Guyhirn roundabout near Wisbech.
The road will close from 8pm to 6am both nights to allow for roadworks to take place.
Now that Anglian Water has finished with the mains work, Highways England is completing the eastern widening to the A141, including the installation of new drains, kerbs, placing stone and tarmac.
There will also be roadworks the following week from Monday, August 2 at 8pm until Tuesday, August 3 at 6am between March Road and the Guyhirn roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Fen Road to the Guyhirn roundabout will remain open, and a signed diversion will be in place. There will be three-way traffic lights until Friday, July 30.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 8 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos