Traffic light control box damaged at Wisbech junction
A BOX controlling temporary traffic lights at a Wisbech junction has been damaged, possibly in a crash.
The 4ft tall box, which controlled temporary lights at the junction of Dowgate Road and Leverington Road, was damaged at about 1am today (Friday).
The junction has a permanent traffic light system but it is currently out of action.
A police spokesman said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw a vehicle crash into the box between about 12.30am and 1am. It is likely they were heading out of the town centre and heading towards King’s Lynn.
“This costs a lot of money to replace and causes inconvenience to the council and road users.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who has any information, or if they have noticed a car with damage to its grill or headlights, to contact police.”
CONTACT: Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter