Tories select as candidate for safe ward a man who reported nine on code of conduct charges
BUSINESSMAN Steve Count has been selected to fight a safe Conservative seat on Fenland District Council- a year after accusing nine councillors of breaching the code of conduct. Mr Count fought off stiff opposition – including bids by three town councillo
BUSINESSMAN Steve Count has been selected to fight a safe Conservative seat on Fenland District Council- a year after accusing nine councillors of breaching the code of conduct.
Mr Count fought off stiff opposition - including bids by three town councillors- to win the nomination for the March West seat which became vacant following the death of Councillor Peter Skoulding.
Fenland Standards Committee found there was no breach of the code of conduct following allegations that the planning committee had held a secret meeting to discuss a bid for housing at West End, March.
However the standards committee decided there were "other issues which are other of the initial assessment sub committee remit".
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday past acrimony was forgotten as Mr Count, educated at the former Neale Wade Grammar School for 12 years a partner at Count Sacha lingerie manufacturers' in the town, won selection.
"I'm quite pleased," said Mr Count who admitted he was encouraged by friends to stand following his opposition to the housing scheme in West End proposed by former Mayor Freddie Grounds.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka