Top To Toe salon team raises £450 for Sports Relief by completing cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech hair salon raised £450 for Sports Relief by cycling 484 miles within 50 hours – all from the comfort of their salon.
The team at hair and beauty salon Top To Toe, on Hill Street, took part in the non-stop challenge by cycling on a static bicycle in their reception hall, during Monday to Friday’s opening hours.
Visitors were also asked to guess how many miles would be achieved in exchange for a donation to the charity.
Local client Helen Osbourn guessed closest at 480 miles and won a £50 Top To Toe gift card.
Sarah Davies, salon owner, said: “Throwing aside past traditions of baking cakes for charity, we thought it would be both fun and fitting to do the cycle for Sport Relief, getting everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I congratulate the entire team, it was a super effort.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began