Top To Toe salon team raises £450 for Sports Relief by completing cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech hair salon raised £450 for Sports Relief by cycling 484 miles within 50 hours – all from the comfort of their salon.
The team at hair and beauty salon Top To Toe, on Hill Street, took part in the non-stop challenge by cycling on a static bicycle in their reception hall, during Monday to Friday’s opening hours.
Visitors were also asked to guess how many miles would be achieved in exchange for a donation to the charity.
Local client Helen Osbourn guessed closest at 480 miles and won a £50 Top To Toe gift card.
Sarah Davies, salon owner, said: “Throwing aside past traditions of baking cakes for charity, we thought it would be both fun and fitting to do the cycle for Sport Relief, getting everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I congratulate the entire team, it was a super effort.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening