Top To Toe salon team raises £450 for Sports Relief by completing cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech hair salon raised £450 for Sports Relief by cycling 484 miles within 50 hours – all from the comfort of their salon.
The team at hair and beauty salon Top To Toe, on Hill Street, took part in the non-stop challenge by cycling on a static bicycle in their reception hall, during Monday to Friday’s opening hours.
Visitors were also asked to guess how many miles would be achieved in exchange for a donation to the charity.
Local client Helen Osbourn guessed closest at 480 miles and won a £50 Top To Toe gift card.
Sarah Davies, salon owner, said: “Throwing aside past traditions of baking cakes for charity, we thought it would be both fun and fitting to do the cycle for Sport Relief, getting everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I congratulate the entire team, it was a super effort.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600