Top Rotarian stops by in both Whittlesey and Wisbech during whistle stop tour of Fenland
A TOP Rotary fundraiser stopped by in the Fens this week. David Fowler, President of Rotary International in Britain and Ireland, visited Whittlesey to see what local people are doing to raise money for charity. He also got the chance to join in the area
A TOP Rotary fundraiser stopped by in the Fens this week.
David Fowler, President of Rotary International in Britain and Ireland, visited Whittlesey to see what local people are doing to raise money for charity.
He also got the chance to join in the area's Woodland Tree Planting Project by planting his own tree.
Mr Fowler currently spearheads a national campaign to recruit more members and volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Meeting Rotary club members and seeing the hard work everyone puts into these projects is a privilege. Rotary is all about family and having fun.
"The projects I have seen bring everyone together to help others in the community and across the world, whilst having fun and excitement at the same time."
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
"I hope to plant 50 trees the year throughout the U K and Ireland to raise public awareness and to show Rotary cares about the environment.
"The tree at Whittlesey was the 45th- only five to go."
Also in attendance were District Governor John Samuel, local president Stephen Hodson together Daphne Fowler Carol Samuel and members of Whittlesey Rotary Club.
On Monday evening Mr Fowler was guest of Wisbech Rotary Club at a special dinner in St Peter's Hall.