TOP GCSE results for students at Wisbech Grammar School
A TOP class set of GSCE results has been achieved by pupils at Wisbech Grammar School. Over half the year group achieved five or more passes at the top two grades and the overall pass rate at A*-C was 96per cent. A total of 99per cent of students achieved
A TOP class set of GSCE results has been achieved by pupils at Wisbech Grammar School.
Over half the year group achieved five or more passes at the top two grades and the overall pass rate at A*-C was 96per cent.
A total of 99per cent of students achieved five or more A*-C grades including Maths and English.
More than half of the GSCEs taken by the students - 56per cent - were graded A* or A and 18 pupils gained one of the top two grades on all their subjects.
You may also want to watch:
In one subject - textiles - all 24 of the candidates who took the examination were awarded an A* or an A grade.
Headmaster Mr Nicholas Hammond said: "This is an absolutely excellent set of results and the students should all feel very proud of what they have achieved.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
"These first-class results, which build on the impressive performance by sixth formers in their A Levels last week, have come about through the successful partnership of students and teachers at the Grammar School, where we have a unique climate of learning.