GCSE results 2019: Leverington teen Jake Barnes ‘overwhelmed’ after collecting his results and being named top performer
- Credit: Supplied / Family
A youngster from the Fens was “overwhelmed” after opening up his GCSE results envelope this morning.
Jake Barnes of Spalding Grammar School has been named one of the school's top performers after achieving 10 8-9 grade GCSEs.
His mum, Donna, said: "He [Jake] was totally overwhelmed this morning when he collected his GCSE results. Especially finding out he was one of the top performers."
The teenager - who attended Murrow Primary School - hopes to continue further education in a bid to start a career in medicine.
Donna added: "Jake secured himself seven 9 grades in biology, chemistry, physics, geography, maths, Latin and business studies.
You may also want to watch:
"Jake will be staying on at Spalding Grammar to study A-level maths, biology and chemistry as he aims to follow a career in medicine."
Jake also achieved three 8 grade GCSEs in English, English Literature and German, not to mention an A* in further maths.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 5 Showcase status for Academy
- 6 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 10 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
Want to share your success story? Email: email@example.com with the subject 'GCSE Results' - you may find yourself in the newspaper. Make sure to include a photograph.