GCSE results 2019: Leverington teen Jake Barnes ‘overwhelmed’ after collecting his results and being named top performer
- Credit: Supplied / Family
A youngster from the Fens was “overwhelmed” after opening up his GCSE results envelope this morning.
Jake Barnes of Spalding Grammar School has been named one of the school's top performers after achieving 10 8-9 grade GCSEs.
His mum, Donna, said: "He [Jake] was totally overwhelmed this morning when he collected his GCSE results. Especially finding out he was one of the top performers."
The teenager - who attended Murrow Primary School - hopes to continue further education in a bid to start a career in medicine.
Donna added: "Jake secured himself seven 9 grades in biology, chemistry, physics, geography, maths, Latin and business studies.
You may also want to watch:
"Jake will be staying on at Spalding Grammar to study A-level maths, biology and chemistry as he aims to follow a career in medicine."
Jake also achieved three 8 grade GCSEs in English, English Literature and German, not to mention an A* in further maths.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
Want to share your success story? Email: email@example.com with the subject 'GCSE Results' - you may find yourself in the newspaper. Make sure to include a photograph.