Top chef Gordon Ramsay has a date with top Fenland chef at the BBC Good Food Show
A TEACHER of food and nutrition at Wisbech Grammar School has a date to work with top television chef Gordon Ramsay. Alison Sloan and a team of her A Level students have been invited to the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham later this month (November 25 to
A TEACHER of food and nutrition at Wisbech Grammar School has a date to work with top television chef Gordon Ramsay.
Alison Sloan and a team of her A Level students have been invited to the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham later this month (November 25 to 29) to assist at the Gordon Ramsay Professional stand where the celebrity chef will be promoting his range of kitchen equipment.
The Grammar School's head of food and nutrition, Mrs Sloan is also a food historian who has appeared on BBC 2 television's 'The Supersizers Go... Restoration' as well as working as a food stylist for Waitrose, and the invitation came about through her freelance connections.
She will be carrying out product demonstrations on the stand for the five-day period and she will be taking some of her sixth form students to help with the food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
For three of the days the members of the team will be working alongside Gordon Ramsay and top chef Mark Sargeant.
Mrs Sloan said: "It is an amazing opportunity to work with Michelin-starred chefs and to be able to take some of the sixth form students. It will be a real experience for them.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter