Top chef Gordon Ramsay has a date with top Fenland chef at the BBC Good Food Show
A TEACHER of food and nutrition at Wisbech Grammar School has a date to work with top television chef Gordon Ramsay. Alison Sloan and a team of her A Level students have been invited to the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham later this month (November 25 to
A TEACHER of food and nutrition at Wisbech Grammar School has a date to work with top television chef Gordon Ramsay.
Alison Sloan and a team of her A Level students have been invited to the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham later this month (November 25 to 29) to assist at the Gordon Ramsay Professional stand where the celebrity chef will be promoting his range of kitchen equipment.
The Grammar School's head of food and nutrition, Mrs Sloan is also a food historian who has appeared on BBC 2 television's 'The Supersizers Go... Restoration' as well as working as a food stylist for Waitrose, and the invitation came about through her freelance connections.
She will be carrying out product demonstrations on the stand for the five-day period and she will be taking some of her sixth form students to help with the food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
For three of the days the members of the team will be working alongside Gordon Ramsay and top chef Mark Sargeant.
Mrs Sloan said: "It is an amazing opportunity to work with Michelin-starred chefs and to be able to take some of the sixth form students. It will be a real experience for them.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award