Tom is world champion car racer
- Credit: Archant
A 16 year old student has been named world champion mini stock car racer.
Isle College student Tom Moat stormed into first place beating rivals from across the country.
Slot stox car racers made their way to Emneth for the annual world championship event which saw Scalextric car owners go head to head to find the driving superchamp of 2014.
The event was organised by Julian Moat, 47, who has been racing at the club for 30 years.
Winner was his son Tom, second was Noel Whinney from Ipswich, third was Mr Moat, fourth was Paul Glading from Ipswich, fifth was Mark West from Ipswich and sixth was Mike Carter from Ipswich.
In the B final the winner was Diana Hampshire from the Fen Tigers Slot Stox.
The Fenland Tiger Slot Stox Club meets every Monday from 8pm at the church hall in Emneth. New members are welcome.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 10 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
For more information contact Mr Moat on 07775-833063 or look up Fen Tiger Slot Stox on Facebook.