Tom is world champion car racer
- Credit: Archant
A 16 year old student has been named world champion mini stock car racer.
Isle College student Tom Moat stormed into first place beating rivals from across the country.
Slot stox car racers made their way to Emneth for the annual world championship event which saw Scalextric car owners go head to head to find the driving superchamp of 2014.
The event was organised by Julian Moat, 47, who has been racing at the club for 30 years.
Winner was his son Tom, second was Noel Whinney from Ipswich, third was Mr Moat, fourth was Paul Glading from Ipswich, fifth was Mark West from Ipswich and sixth was Mike Carter from Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
In the B final the winner was Diana Hampshire from the Fen Tigers Slot Stox.
The Fenland Tiger Slot Stox Club meets every Monday from 8pm at the church hall in Emneth. New members are welcome.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
For more information contact Mr Moat on 07775-833063 or look up Fen Tiger Slot Stox on Facebook.