Three prisoners, including one from March, cleared of manslaughter of fellow inmate
THREE prisoners, including one from March, who were accused of killing a fellow inmate were yesterday found not guilty by a jury. Gary Stretch, 43, of Wigstone s Road, March, was found not guilty of the manslaughter of Brian Haynes following a trial at No
THREE prisoners, including one from March, who were accused of killing a fellow inmate were yesterday found not guilty by a jury.
Gary Stretch, 43, of Wigstone's Road, March, was found not guilty of the manslaughter of Brian Haynes following a trial at Norwich Crown Court.
Fellow defendants Dale Maddison, 43, of Ely, and Sammy Lindsay, 22, of Hackney, East London, were also acquitted.
They were accused of assaulting Mr Haynes on September 11 in his cell at Peterborough Prison. Gary Stretch was alleged to have been a lookout and Maddison was accused of faking an epileptic fit to distract prison officers.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors were yesterday set to return manslaughter verdicts on Shane Farrington, 26, of HMP Peterborough and Sebastian Waller, 26, of Werrington, Peterborough.
Paul Jefford, 24, of Wellington Street, Peterborough, had already admitted manslaughter.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims