Three prisoners, including one from March, cleared of manslaughter of fellow inmate
THREE prisoners, including one from March, who were accused of killing a fellow inmate were yesterday found not guilty by a jury. Gary Stretch, 43, of Wigstone s Road, March, was found not guilty of the manslaughter of Brian Haynes following a trial at No
THREE prisoners, including one from March, who were accused of killing a fellow inmate were yesterday found not guilty by a jury.
Gary Stretch, 43, of Wigstone's Road, March, was found not guilty of the manslaughter of Brian Haynes following a trial at Norwich Crown Court.
Fellow defendants Dale Maddison, 43, of Ely, and Sammy Lindsay, 22, of Hackney, East London, were also acquitted.
They were accused of assaulting Mr Haynes on September 11 in his cell at Peterborough Prison. Gary Stretch was alleged to have been a lookout and Maddison was accused of faking an epileptic fit to distract prison officers.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors were yesterday set to return manslaughter verdicts on Shane Farrington, 26, of HMP Peterborough and Sebastian Waller, 26, of Werrington, Peterborough.
Paul Jefford, 24, of Wellington Street, Peterborough, had already admitted manslaughter.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start