Three more Fenland schools close because of the weather - with snow still forecast
THREE more Fenland schools have today closed their doors because of the weather – but the heavy snow that has hit much of the region still evades the area.
THREE more Fenland schools have today closed their doors because of the weather - but the heavy snow that has hit much of the region still evades the area.
Gorefield Primary School has closed because head teacher Alyson Palmer deemed conditions too dangerous.
Marshland High School in West Walton is closed because site conditions are "too dangerous for students and staff", and Walpole Cross Keys Primary School is closed due to "adverse weather affecting staff travelling to school".
Marshland High and Walpole Cross Keys Primary are two of the 380 schools currently closed in Norfolk due to hazardous weather or heating problems.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter's Junior School in Wisbech is closed until Monday with heating problems.
The College of West Anglia Isle Campus in Wisbech is also closed with heating problems. A decision on whether it will open tomorrow will be taken later today.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
• Met Office weather forecasts still warn of heavy snow for Cambridgeshire between now and Sunday.