Three more Fenland schools close because of the weather - with snow still forecast
THREE more Fenland schools have today closed their doors because of the weather – but the heavy snow that has hit much of the region still evades the area.
THREE more Fenland schools have today closed their doors because of the weather - but the heavy snow that has hit much of the region still evades the area.
Gorefield Primary School has closed because head teacher Alyson Palmer deemed conditions too dangerous.
Marshland High School in West Walton is closed because site conditions are "too dangerous for students and staff", and Walpole Cross Keys Primary School is closed due to "adverse weather affecting staff travelling to school".
Marshland High and Walpole Cross Keys Primary are two of the 380 schools currently closed in Norfolk due to hazardous weather or heating problems.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter's Junior School in Wisbech is closed until Monday with heating problems.
The College of West Anglia Isle Campus in Wisbech is also closed with heating problems. A decision on whether it will open tomorrow will be taken later today.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
• Met Office weather forecasts still warn of heavy snow for Cambridgeshire between now and Sunday.