Three men jailed after gun is shot through window of house in Long Sutton
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been jailed after a gun was shot through the window of a house in Long Sutton where a mother was alone with her young child.
The men went to Anfield Close on Sunday 10 January 2016 where Lloyd Peter Hook, 22, discharged a shot. Luckily, no-one was injured.
The men were charged and remanded in custody. They pleaded guilty to offences and were sentenced on Friday 23 June 2017.
All three men were convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Lloyd Peter Hook, 22, was sentenced to seven years and six months imprisonment.
You may also want to watch:
Samuel James Tooke, 26, received 10 years imprisonment, which included additional offences of burglary dwelling and handling stolen goods.
Shane Kelk, 23, was sentenced to seven years and five months imprisonment, which included additional offences of burglary, handling stolen goods, theft, assault, assaulting a police officer, possession of a knife, and drugs trafficking offences.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
Detective Inspector Dave Rimmer said: “My first thoughts are with the victims of all the offences who can now be assured the offenders will not be at liberty for the foreseeable future.
“At the time of the firearms offence there was a mother with her young child in the house. You can only imagine how frightening this would have been for them.
“This has been a painstaking investigation, involving multiple offenders and offences. The sentences are the culmination of a detailed and thorough investigation spanning in excess of a year.
“I am proud of the quality of the investigation undertaken and pay tribute to the teams professional determination, which has led to guilty pleas and the long term incarceration of these criminals.”